Sunday, December 6, 2009

IC Progress

Over this weekend, I did not do much in regards to my Inquiry Contract because a distant uncle came and I spent much of my time with him. However, I did ask my uncle, my dad and my mom what their views were on Stem Cell Research. None of them knew an extreme amount about it, but from what they knew they had differing views. My dad believed that, while the end results were good, any other possibility for stem cell harvesting should be taken so that the lives of those embryos were not lost. My mom and uncle, however, believed that Stem Cell research was a good thing, even though it resulted in the death of the embryos. So while I did not do much research, I was able to look into different people’s perspectives on the subject, which was fairly interesting.

1 comment:

Jessica Ledyard said...

Seth,

It's interesting that you interviewed your parents to get an idea of what they had to say. Your dad did have a valid point that even though the end result is beneficial, you still have to account for the destruction of embryos. Your mom and uncle also had valid points about how it was a good thing. These two sides could be interesting to include into your paper, just to get an idea of what a familiar person would have to say.
Good luck