Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Random Blog

After each reading within this class, we always have a class discussion, just to make sure everyone understood the reading as they were supposed to. This is a very helpful idea because, without it, I wouldn’t have understood nearly as much about these readings as I do. For instance, I would not have been able to draw the connection between “The Great Gatsby” and “The Great Death,” because, although I could have recognized the meaning of Gat, I would not have been able to see that was the aim of F. Scott Fitzgerald. Another benefit is some of the ideas we are told, such as the idea that the chair is only the chair, in so much as we ascribe the word chair to mean the four legged object which we usually sit on.
These in class discussions prove very helpful to the classes understanding of the literature that we read, which is why I enjoy this class, and the books we read, a lot more than the books I read in seventh grade.

No comments: